I mentioned previously that I was setting a goal for the summer to find a cache every day. Well, I began that goal today with two finds, including one I have DNF’ed on before. What better way to try and boost my spirits over not being able to make it to GeoWoodstock.First, I went after HighWater Cache, located in Tomahawk Creek Park. Cover was abound in the area as I approached, making my signal accuracy a little worse off than I’d like. After searching through various locations around the potential GZ, I expanded my search a bit more. THERE! Finally it popped into my field of view and I retrieved the cache. I wasn’t sure if the TB would be inside when I opened it and guess what…it wasn’t. But the log sure was. I signed the log and replaced the cache. Moving on.
Hiking back towards the parking lot I parked at, I went past the lot to go after another cache. This time, I was going after Streamside, a cache that JadeFalcon and I DNF’ed on two weeks ago. This time, I had sunlight to assist me and quickly found the cache. One problem. It was out in the open on the ground. Based on the description, I replaced it back where it likely went after signing the log.
So my planned goal begins.
Day 1 -> 2 caches.